Today’s mobility era brings up many challenges for those in the insurance industry. One of the key issues is of multi-system compatibility and delays which occur in deploying their mobility initiatives due to sequential enhancement or replacement of existing legacy systems which requires substantial amounts of time and effort.
Today, users need on-the-go access to a policy core system along with systems that can talk to each other, self service capabilities, and to top it all up, improved efficiency.
- Context Specific Self Service Solution
- Available through Portal, Messenger App and on any device
- No need for additional development for Portal Or Native Mobile apps
- User preferred mode of communication like FB messenger
- Eases out tedious forms filling efforts
- Real-time Interactions with core business systems
- Help minimise traffic to back office or BPO agents
Here is some detailed explanation for all 3 scenarios
Functions of Core System available on Mobile device for ‘internal user’
Expose Functionalities of core business system, on the mobile devices, of Business user to allow quick decisions. E.g.
- User can Get Alerts, for a task assigned e.g. Claim or a proposal for underwriting or for a change of status of particular business transaction e.g. Risk approved by Senior Underwater
- Execute business transactionson core enterprise systems, through mobile device e.g. Search, Approve or deny claim, Underwriting decisions etc.
Mobility for Legacy systems: Select functionalities of legacy systems can be quickly made available on mobile devices of users, providing mobility
Consistent way to access: To various enterprise systems e.g. a user having access to more than one policy systems or to a claim system will be able to access them in similar way
Avoid inconsistency: As user can communicates to core system, duplication of data capture and recreation business logic is not required, reducing inconstancy
Context Specific Self Service for Customer / MGA / TPA
Business transaction through preferred mode of communication of customer, MGA or TPA e.g. FB chat, Skype etc.
Context specific User will directly Converse with core system, instead of going through predefined menu and screens of an applications
Customer Interaction and satisfaction, will be improved as
- Smaller & Easier interactionsto resolve a specific task
- Minimal training will be required to use this facility, as this is intuitive chatting format
- Anytime and anywhere Availability, as this is human to machine direct communication
- Small chunks of Business transactions: e.g. FNOL, change of address
- FAQ: Quick resolution of queries
- Status Check e.g. claim status, status of proposal etc
- Get Alerts: e.g. additional requirement for claim
- Submitting documents: e.g. bills for claims
Capabilities of this tool can be leveraged to enhance internal efficiency, some examples
Simplifies internal communication, with message and files exchange with archiving & auditing capabilities
- Channels: Topic based conversations to share and broadcast information.
- Groups: Private channels for conversations among invited members.
- Direct: Send messages directly to a colleague privately and securely
Save time on information retrieval from internal KM repositories, with auditing capabilities,
FAQ: Key word based informal retrieval, can build FAQ repositories leveraging ML
Search for information asset in KM: Context specific, conversational utility to search knowledge base for information assets like process documents, Templates etc.
Benefits to Insurers
- Improved Customer experience, especially for Generation Z and beyond
- New avenues for sale and customer servicing
- Improvement in ease of doing business for Intermediaries, leading to better business opportunities
- Improved transparency and auditing for transactions leading to better compliance
- Native digital transaction allowing better advance analysis of Customer and Intermediary behaviours
- Saving on Back office or BPO spends
- 24 * 7 customer and intermediary servicing with no additional human intervention
- Minimal IT spend and management for this solution
- Avoid technology overhead, as single technology is leveraged for Internal user, Intermediaries and Customers